Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Busy is the new black


Seriously, who do you know that hasn't been insanely crazy. I can't count a one. Life is certainly taking us all by storm right now.


I look forward to stopping to smell the roses again sometime soon.


One way I try to decompress from the craziness is through photography. I am certainly not a pro, but I just find it therapeutic and fun for all involved.


My friend's daughter is a Senior in high school and I offered to take some photos for senior pictures. I was honored she gave me this opportunity. I will be shooting my sister's wedding in a couple of weeks, so I was happy to get the practice. Here are a few of my favorite shots.


I would love some feedback from those photo pros out this in blog-land.



I love the contrast of her focused and the blurry people in the background. Cool shot, I think.




Melissa wanted more of the cool building behind her, but I much preferred the pictures of her up close.


Mom and daughter pic...too cute!
I was just trying to get her to not pose smile in this picture and it became one of my favorite pics of the day.

Thank you Melissa and Linda. This was a really fun day! Love you both.

4 comments:

  1. Emily,
    These photos are AMAZING! What an awesome talent you have...I'm sure they will treasure these photos forever!!

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! The laughing one I love. The one in the hotel lobby (thats what it looks like, not sure if that is what it is) I dig!!
    Love you!!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the pictures!!!!
    You are our very favorite photographer in the world!!!We had such a fun day frolicking in San Diego with you!!!
    (I'm thinking family picture at the Santa Rosa Plateau)

    We Love Youuuuu!

    Linda and Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun in Kansas taking pictures. These are great!

    ReplyDelete