Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Poor Kiddo

Yesterday, I am sitting in my office catching up on my desk work when a 1st grader walks in looking like he is sore from a full day of riding a horse. He says in a quiet voice, "Mrs. Devor, I had an accident." Oh, boy! I asked him if he went potty or stinky. He said stinky really bad. The scent began to linger throughout my office. I asked him to go into the restroom next to my office and try to clean it up the best he can while I call his mommy. He goes into the restroom and asks how do I clean it up. I suggested using the toilet paper. I went to call his mom and later he called me into the restroom. The poor kiddo is standing in the restroom with his pants and underwear down at his ankle, poop all over the toilet seat, and toilet paper everywhere. He started to get sad and said he couldn't clean himself. Knowing I couldn't help him, I asked him to pull up his pants and his mommy would be here soon. The smell was overwhelming and I had to do everything possible not to release my lunch. It was the worst smell I have smelt in a very long time. He wasn't able to sit down, so he just stood next to my door until his mom should up. I am still spraying air freshener today! My job is always so interesting! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment