Monday, December 28, 2009

Snow in So Cal

From Palm Springs to Winter Wonderland in less than 30 minutes. Amazing! Many think of Southern California and they imagine beaches and sun. There is plenty of this, however, the best thing about living in Southern California is you can generally see a beach or snow within an hour or so. Sunday, Juan and I (Brad was sick in bed and couldn't go...BOO!) joined the Elamparo Family (Juan's girlfriend's family) to the Palm Springs Aerial Tram which took us up to the San Jacinto Mountain Park. You take a aerial tram, which holds about 80 people, up to the mountains. Once you arrive, you step out to 14" of snow. It truly is an amazing site, not to mention COLD!!!!!

We spent the day sledding, having a snowball fight, and sharing lots of laughter. It was really a GREAT time, and I look forward to going again in the Summer and Winter.

Thank you Southern California for offering such great weather diversity.



1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I never had much interest in California but Blake and I were there a few months ago for a few days. Now I want to come back. Seems so fun to have a choice of weather. Kinda reminds me of North Carolina where they have mountainous areas and ocean all in one state.

    ReplyDelete