Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas 2010

Okay, so I haven't posted since August. Blogging is really more difficult for me than I thought it would be.

Why is it so hard?
1. I really wonder...Is my life all that interesting that people may actually want to read about it. I think not.
2. We're just a bit of a crazy house around here, I don't know how much of the craziness I want to make public.
3. I am so busy when I am not on break. I try really hard to get home at a reasonable time to treasure my time with the family. So, by the time I get home, eat dinner, and just chill...it is time to go to bed and start over again the next day.
4. There are such cool blogs out there my just doesn't even compete.
5. Added after I started uploading pictures...Why the hell am I having so many technical problems with this damn Blogger. My pictures are uploading sideways at random, the spacing is complete f*-!%# up (sorry mama). Help me blog sphere...how do you fix this??

So, there are all my excuses. Let us begin my quarterly blog.

Why I am blogging today...I love the Christmas season and our silly little traditions. I don't promise they are all that exciting, but it is what we do.

BE WARNED...there are several photos. Enjoy!!

The season begins with the fun prepping!! Notice no 16 year old involved in the prepping part of the season. He did (a very little) just got snappy when the camera came out.


Even Jayme was enjoying the Christmas spirit.

December 11th was our annual California Christmas dinner at my place. This had the usual antics of too much food, endless laughs, Dirty Bingo, and presents (oh, and my mommy was in town-AWESOME!---love you Mama!).
This was also Grandma's Birthday. I love that we were able to spend another year with her. I love her so very much!
Brandi loves herself some Harry and David balls!
The boys representing Emporia State University...GO HORNETS. Thank you Grandma Kansas! Weight bench from Papa Leinen.
One of the best moments of this day was later in the evening when Toni, James, and Hannah Nelson came to visit. Toni is my cousin (daughter of dad's sister) who Brandi and I haven't seen in close to 20 years. They live in Anaheim Hills and Brandi was able to re-connect with her through Facebook. Thank you Mark Zuckerberg. It was SO great to see/meet them and we look forward to creating new memories for lost time.

One of our annual traditions has become to go see the "Light House" in Murrieta. We love going to see the new lights and decorations this house adds each year. I can never believe the commitment of this family. The entire family begins decorating in September. The retired couple who own the home are outside every evening for several weeks prior to Christmas to greet the thousands of people who come to see his "Light House." They are also the nicest people...what great Christmas spirit.

I wasn't happy with any still shots of the house, so I will include one of the many bundles of cords strategically placed around the perimeter of the house.

Our annual Christmas picture in front of the light house.


Christmas Eve was spent at the Wild Animal Park. Fri st of all, let me say for the record I am VERY upset with the Wild Animal Park. They have officially changed their name to the SAFARI PARK. What the hell! What was so wrong with the Wild Animal Park for the last 50 years, that they had to change the name. I will NEVER call it the SAFARI PARK...ever ever EVER!! Here are a few shots of our day.




And Christmas Eve now comes to an end as we wait for Santa's arrival.


Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

  1. Loved all the pics, Em! Nice to get an update, too. :) I understand how hard it is to come up with blog ideas. I get that way, too. I need to be better about blogging about every day things.

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete