Thursday, December 30, 2010

Black Swan

Today, I was engaged in two hours of excellence. 

This came from watching Black Swan starring Natalie Portman.  This was a great movie which was able to create a balance of good and evil, purity and temptation, and strength and weakness centered around the classic ballet tale of Swan's Lake.  I am not a ballet connoisseur in anyway, but the story kept me mesmerized every second.  I am comfortable with and confident some will disagree with my review of this movie.  I just found it to be really amazing and so has the Screen Actors Guild providing it 12 Golden Globe Nominations.  Just saying!!

Now, keep in mind this movie had what some would consider controversial scenes and was "dark" in nature.  Do not go to this movie expecting a upbeat and/or postive beginning, middle, or end.  A young lady left the theatre telling her mom, "I didn't really understand what was going on half of the time."  This movie does require some level of abstract intellect I am afraid.  So, consider yourself warned.



2011 RESOLUTION

I am not a big believer in resolutions because it generally has to do with something I can't seem to stick with like lose weight or exercise. 

BORING!!

For 2011, however, I have created a resolution which forces me to have some me time.  I am going to commit to going to the movies once per month by myself.  I am a bit strange to really enjoy this process.  I am able to sit wherever I want, have popcorn all to myself, and form my own opinion on a movie I want to see.  I will do my best in providing monthly reviews of what I see on this blog.  This way, I am holding myself accountable to at least blogging once per month, right!

Feel free to send any movie suggestions my way.

Happy New Year!!  Welcome 2011!

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was a very interesting movie which I love. I don't like a feel good movie but I think many expect that. My only issue was trying to dissect what was real, what wasn't, what happened at the end, etc. I think there are probably several interpretations.

    I don't think going to the movies alone is weird at all. Who says we need other people to go do things we like to do? Besides, you don't actually get to interact with people during the movie anyway. Go, Em, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I do read your blog. Happy movie watching.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go all the time by myself! Enjoy. I prefer it that way now.

    Loved Black Swan. Love The Fighter, too!

    ReplyDelete