Sunday, January 2, 2011

Name Photography

About 6 months ago, I saw a blog where someone collected photos throughout the year which included letters of their family name.  They were each framed and hung on the wall.  I really liked the idea and thought I would work on it over Summer/Fall vacation.  Here are the letters I photographed and their locations.

 D from Alamosa, Colorado brewery where we had dinner on our family road trip to Breckenridge, Colorado
 E from Meteor Crater in Winslow, Colorado
 V from Bentonville, Arkansas...Home of Wal-Mart.  Brad's parents live near Bentonville now.  We took a trip to their place for Thanksgiving break.
 O also from Alamosa, Colorado
 R from Breckenridge, Colorado

And the final project framed, hung, and complete........







PS I will be re-developing the O.  I don't like how it was cropped too much.  Also, I may change the r someday.  All the letters are uppercase except the "r".  Just the itty bitty details.

I was having a difficult time capturing the location of the frames to those not familiar with our home.  But, I love how you see the letters as you are walking up the stairs.  They are also a focal point when you walk into the front door. 

ON ANOTHER NOTE
Work returns tomorrow, January 3rd.  I look forward to starting another great calendar year with a great teaching staff and amazing students.  :-)

My life of blogging, however,  may be less frequent but I will see what happens.  

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I started mine on vacation last year and failed to do them all. Soon enough!

    ReplyDelete