Tuesday, October 4, 2011

WHERE IS AFRICA?

Africa is where Brad is.
Africa is Brad's once in a life life journey.
Africa is where my heart remains until by Braddy returns home.

I am writing this blog on my fourth day of Brad's 16 day trip to Zimbabwe, Africa. I am lucky to have received a couple of e-mails from him while he has been away. Here are a few notes to summarize what he has shared with me.

Plane trip to New York had hard seats.

5 hour flight to New York, 16 hours to South Africa, 2 hours to Zimbabwe...LONG TRIP! So tired!

Poorest area he has ever visited before.

Hospital reminds him of early 20th century with a x-ray machine.

People are all very friendly.

Eat basic meat and salads.

Takes about 30 minutes to access internet.

Some TV for families with a satellite dish.

Kids thought it is was funny he didn't wear a long sleeze shirt and tie during a devotion service. Brad wore his traditional dockers and polo shirt. Love him!

Sleeps every night under a mosquito net.


I miss Brad terribly and I know he looks forward to returning home, but I am HAPPY he is enjoying this once in a lifetime experience. Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts for a great trip and safe travels home.

Check out "Nyadire, Mutoko, Mashonaland East, Zimbabwe" on Google Earth to get a basic lay of the land. It's a whole different world out there.


HANKUNA MATATA


PS Pardon any type/spelling errors. I am attempting this blog post on the iPad which doesn't allow for the same features of doing on a PC.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I can only relate to the Lion King reference here. I need to get out more.

    What an awesome adventure, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding. Super jealous of his experience but looking forward to learning from him when he gets home. Or atleast I can use it against him..."so I didnt take out the trash, you went without me to freakin' AFRICA for two weeks." wahhahahah

    ReplyDelete