Saturday, December 6, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas

I am having a busy next couple of weeks. Next weekend is the big California Christmas bash at my house. I have most of the Cali family come over to my house and we enjoy food, drinks, and lots of sweets. We then move into a very competitive game of Christmas BINGO. This game is all in the effort to get the BEST $5-$10 gift on the table. It is fun, however we have had tears in the past. Let's hope this year is tearless. Lastly, we open the Christmas gifts. This, of course, is always the most anticipated part for the kiddos. For me to, just because it is so much fun to have some family time. Sappy, I know!

The following weekend, we will be leaving sunny California on Saturday, December 20th. We will be meeting up with Brad's parent at Ski Cooper in Leadville, Colorado (highest incorporated city in the nation-WOW!) to try out some skiing. Well, some of us will be skiing. Juan and I will be taking snowboard lessons on the first day. I am a bit anxious about it all, but it should be a fun adventure. Juan is not worried one bit, he is already planning his first 360. I wouldn't doubt if he catches on right away. He is very athletic and quick to pick up just about any type of physical activity. Brad and his parents are keeping it old school with regular skiing.

After Colorado, we will be heading off to Kansas to enjoy many Christmas celebrations. Meeting with my family in Tongie on Christmas Eve-Christmas day. We will then go to Brad's parents and do a Christmas celebration with the whole family, and then stop in Wichita to see Brad's grandparents. I hope to meet up with some friends while I am out in Kansas. I hope I can. Then, we will return to sunny California again. We should be home on time for New Year's Eve. 2009-here we come!!!!!! How time flies!

I hope this message finds everyone else having a GREAT holiday seasons. May many blessings to brought upon you all this year and next. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment