Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I am not 16 anymore!

Our day began at Ski Cooper around 8:30 a.m. We got our lift tickets, lessons, equipment, etc. and were ready to go. Brad, Jerel, and Nieta started off right away, while Juan and I hung out until our snowboard lessons began at 10 a.m. Juan and I were immediately split up into two groups; 16 and younger (Juan) and 16 and older (me). The reason for that split was immediately evident. Within the first 30 minutes of the lesson, I fell onto my foot binding and I knew the rest of the day was going to be interesting. PS I currently have a swollen bruise on the back of my thigh about the size of my hand. It hurts to sit, but I am managing. Anyway...the lessons went pretty well. I did good until they said to buckle in both feet and stand up. The stand up part was the part I couldn't seem to catch on to. I took a couple passes down the trainer slope, but wasn't having the best of times. Juan loved it and enjoyed going down the pass falling 30 - 40 times. He loved the falling, because he was able to pop right back up.

We ended our day around 3 p.m. I went straight to the ski rental and traded in my skateboard for a pair of ski's. Hopefully today will be more successful!!

We will be leaving for Kansas early tomorrow morning to officially begin the Christmas season!! Happy Holidays to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment