Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day at the Zoo

You never get to old for a GREAT day at the zoo. For Brad's birthday (February 12th), I renewed our San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park membership. This past Saturday, we went to the Wild Animal Park along with Juan's girlfriend, Brittany. It was great weather, due to a slight rain in the morning....light sweater weather.

I love the photo opportunities the Wild Animal Park provides. No matter how many times I have been, I always find something beautiful to take a picture of. My personal favorites are the plants. The colors and uniqueness of the plants is truly inspiring.



Here are a few shots of our fun:


"Juan, don't pose...just walk casually across the bridge." Got to love Juan, he doesn't know how NOT to pose.



Feeding the ducks



Brad and Juan...watch out for the big elephant behind you.
I could watch giraffes ALL day!

Juan's favorite...the Lion!


Love how the red pops out amongst the aloe plant.



Another aloe flower!




The newest addition to the Wild Animal Park. An African Elephant born on February 14, 2010.



Then lastly, my personal favorite. As mentioned above, you are never to old for the zoo. Here is my beautiful 15 year old just having fun with a duck. No batteries, jersey, or friends required.

I treasure this smile EVERYDAY!


2 comments:

  1. Great pics! Thanks again for a nice day out for Brittany. And I agree about your favorite picture...just enjoying the simple things in life :)

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the zoo, Em! I don't know how I've been missing your blog posts. Are you still putting the link on FB?

    I love the lion picture and the aloe picture!

    ReplyDelete