Monday, February 15, 2010

Girl Scout Season

Girl Scout cookie season is most certainly here. I have been asked by several students, neighbors, plus girls and mommies outside of Sam's Club, Ralph's, etc. I don't mind, however, I am a HUGE fan of Thin Mints. I have to limit myself from ordering from EVERYONE, because I just love them so. Recently, I discovered a recipe for "THIN MINTS" and tried them out tonight. Ladies and Gentleman, I think I have purchased my LAST over priced box of Girl Scout cookies this year...this is the best imitation recipe I have ever made.



GIRL SCOUT "THIN MINTS"

  • 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
  • 2 cups chocolate chips (I didn't use dark chocolate chips, but those would be amazing for the dark chocolate lovers like me)
  • 2 T shortening
  • Peppermint Extract (amount based on taste preference)

Melt the chocolate chips, shortening, and peppermint extract in microwave. Be sure you don't overcook. Dip crackers into melted chocolate and transfer to cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Allow cookies to chill in fridge. ENJOY!

I will still buy a few boxes to support those sweet Girl Scouts, but these are awesome when those boxes are gone after one hour. HA!!

PS I am going back to work tomorrow, so will be blogging less frequently. I will try to come up with some interesting topics, family updates, etc. to keep this blog blogging!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those look sooo yummy!! Thanks for sharing...I think I will try :)

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I will definitely be trying these...maybe even tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete