Sunday, April 25, 2010

Work on a Saturday-not always a BAD Thing

I often do NOT blog about work. I developed this blog to be my personal update to our family and friends, not a work blog. I am going to alter from this today, because I am filled with pride. I went to work this past Saturday. Now, this doesn't sound very fun, but it was a really rewarding experience. Twinhill Elementary School had a Spring Clean-Up day. This was new to Twinhill, so I wasn't sure what kind of turn out we would have. The purpose of this day was to come together as a community to do some of those important spring cleaning activities around the school. We had the following duties to complete: pull weeds, plant a tree donated by the City of Riverside, rake leaves, hose down and wash outdoor walls, and paint the main office. I had a teacher who coordinated the outside activities (and she did a GREAT job) while I was pretty much stuck in the office painting with my attendance clerk. This was a big project we NEVER thought would end. There are still touch ups to be done, but we will get to it in time.

So what made me so proud. I was proud because our community is filled with many low income families. They work really hard during the week to provide for their families. The fact they took time out of their busy Saturday to help their community school was a really special moment. I am so proud and lucky to be the Principal of Twinhill Elementary. Thank you to everyone for their help! The school looks GREAT!



2 comments:

  1. What an awesome thing to be part of. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom told me about this at Elizabeth's shower. This is so cool! What a great way to bring in the community and get an important job done.

    ReplyDelete