Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Break 2010

This week was a much needed Spring Break. Brad, Juan, and I spent 5 days beach camping at Dohney State Beach. It was GREAT! There wasn't much activity per se. We just enjoyed some time to relax, watch the waves, ride bikes, read, etc. No agenda, no schedule, no plans. Although I am all about traveling and seeing new things, camping trips include as little planning as possible (this way we can truly relax).

So, we are now home. After packing up the trailer, completing about 10 loads of laundry, and catching up on my recorded programs, I can blog about our trip. Here are the things I want to remember the most:

Juan's smile when running through the birds (I think every parent lives just to see their child happy...this happiness makes my heart fill with joy.)




Beach houses (I want a beach house when I grow up.)

Sand formations (The high/low tides make some awesome shapes in the sand.)

Silhouettes of fisherman at dusk




Roasted marshmallow on top of brownies (Seriously, DELICIOUS!!)




Juan saying how bored he is (whatever!)


Silly chatter with Juan because he is SO bored (So bored, but was entertained by bugging me...secretly I didn't mind one bit, I have to embrace every moment.)


Full moon (Brightened the entire night sky.)


Fish and Chips (Can't go to the beach without some good ol' fish and chips.)

Smash Ball games (never knew a paddle game could have so many different game types)




Waking up and falling asleep to the sound of the ocean




TIME TIME TIME...I love time with my FAMILY !!!!!



Here are some random pics of our trip.









3 comments:

  1. Love the pics, love when you share and damn you i love this song!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pictures, Emily.

    Roasted marshmallows on brownies? Umh, yes, please!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous...who is this and which song were you listening to that you LOVE??

    Casey: The marsh and brownie is a must try. I was just playing around, but it was so YUMMMMMM-OOOOO!

    ReplyDelete