Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter Formal 2010

Juan had his winter formal tonight at Murrieta Valley High School. He went with his girlfriend of 4 months (this is a long time for Freshman, PEOPLE...pointing out the relationship duration is very important to them), Brittany. They looked amazing and were so excited for the evening. The night began at 5:30 p.m. with dinner at our house. Juan asked if he could take Brittany out on a dinner date before the dance. The mean mom said NO. I explained unless he was able to pay and/or drive to a dinner date, he wasn't ready for such an experience. However, I did offer having a special dinner at our house. They had shrimp cocktail, soup, salmon, asparagus, and rice. If I (the cook) may say so myself, it was better than any restaurant. While they ate, Brad and I had the pleasure of enjoying dinner with Brittany's family in the dining room. It was a lot of fun.

Juan had fun preparing for the night by running a few errands to kill some time, taking a long relaxing bath, and getting ready (took about 10 minutes-great being a boy). The most special moment, however, was when Juan said:

"Mom, in case I forget to say it later, thank you for everything you are doing for tonight."

Enjoy some of the great pics from the amazing evening. I am sure they are having a GREAT time at the dance!







3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I like how you think, mom. I'm uploading a video right now where I discuss the fact that Payton and her boyfriend have been together for 4 months too. *Big* deal, you're right.

    Good job making such an awesome dinner and having time to chat with his parents. They both look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and photos! It was wonderful breaking bread with you and Brad..thanks again! So adorable to hear the kids in the other room giggling and seeming in their own world; so I think it counted somewhat as a "date" (and we did a pretty good job staying out of their hair). Can't wait for them to get home so we can hear all about the rest of the evening :)

    Stacie (Brittany's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! They look like they are having fun. You are a great mom! I don't even want to think about going through this in 8 years with Reaghan.

    And, MMMM... I want that dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete